Terms & Conditions
Effective: June 28, 2018
Red Clay Creative aims to deal with its clients in a professional, timely, and favorable manner. By engaging with Red Clay Creative, the clients will be accepting the following terms and conditions:
- This agreement is between all individuals, clients, entities, or representatives of, under contract with Red Clay Creative, hereafter referred to as CLIENT, and Red Clay Creative, hereafter referred to as CONTRACTOR.
- All projects and agreements made between CLIENT and CONTRACTOR are to be in writing, signed and agreed upon before any work is started.
- Revisions or alterations to the scope of work or schedule may obligate the CLIENT to additional fees. These may include copy or layout changes made after initial CLIENT approvals.
- Extensive alterations, such as a change in marketing objectives or project goals, shall be considered new work and will require that this agreement be amended with a change order to reflect the revised scope of work.
Project pricing will be based on the written, signed agreement between CLIENT and CONTRACTOR in a Total Fixed Fee for the project. Based on the scope of the project (deemed by CONTRACTOR) a 50% deposit may be due at the time of agreement signing. The remaining balance will be due on the date of delivery. This only applies to fixed-priced projects. Per month projects will be based on the agreed upon pricing in which the first month’s payment is due upon signage of the Project Agreement before initiation of service.
Fee adjustments may be made due to rush delivery requests or prompt payment, as follows:
- Urgent delivery requires a price increase of 30% of the total fixed fee defined above.
Ownership & Usage Rights
Upon receipt of full payment, all Work Product shall be the sole and exclusive property of CLIENT and CONTRACTOR does hereby assign and transfer all of its right title and interest in such Work Product to CLIENT. All Work Product which constitutes original works of authorship arising in any manner from the performance of Services shall be the sole and exclusive property of the CLIENT as “works made for hire”. CONTRACTOR reserves the right to reproduce any and all content created in print and electronic media for CONTRACTOR’s promotional purposes.
CLIENT has a responsibility to proofread and review all work produced during and after the project. As a result, the CLIENT is fully responsible for any errors in spelling, typography, illustrative layout, photography, video or other errors discovered after printing or production or for any work performed by third-parties selected by the CLIENT. If such errors arise before completion, corrections will be made to fit CLIENT expectations.
In the event CLIENT cancels this agreement prior to completion or CONTRACTOR has deemed it proper to discontinue services due to outstanding charges, CLIENT shall pay CONTRACTOR for: (1) all work performed up to the date of termination; (2) all outside expenses and commitments that have been incurred and cannot be canceled; and, (3) a cancelation fee equal to $200 for each remaining month of the contract had the project been completed will be assessed. CONTRACTOR will provide CLIENT with an Invoice detailing the aforementioned cancelation expenses within 5 business days of notice for termination of services. CLIENT will be required to send payment in full within 15 days upon receiving invoice.
To begin your project, simply review and sign the agreement, and make the initial required payment. You have two options for submitting this agreement: (1) Email to T@REDCLAYCREATIVE.CO; (2) Mail the signed copy of the agreement to RED CLAY CREATIVE ATTN: TROY, 1765 GREENSBORO STATION PLACE, 9th FLOOR, MCLEAN, VA 22102.